Many Indians have a blog or a fully operated websites. They are writing on different topics ranging from blogging tips and tricks to affiliate marketing and more. Many of the blogging websites get huge amount of traffic while few are getting close to 100 😉
Now if you are here on this article then it simply means you have a Google Adsense Account or you are trying to get one. Google says you need a website which should atleast 6 month old with original content.
I got my Google Adsense account approved within 4 months itself and i had around 50 articles on the website. However, the best part is that I got rejected almost close to 12 times by Google Adsense. It was a total mess. That story some other time…
Google Adsense Earnings certainly depends upon the amount of traffic that you are getting. If you have a good amount of traffic from India then your earnings will be low. Domains with TLD .IN, .CO.IN and similar normally have good Indian traffic because of the TLD’s of specific region.
Below must be current scenario of your Google Adsense spots on your websites :
- A 728 Adsense ad banner on the header.
- A Square shaped banner with text and display both enabled below the Title.
- A big vertical rectangle on the right side.
- Rectangle units link ads below the header. ( 2 on many websites)
- Few more link ads here and there on the right side.
It’s because Google Ad position map told you to do so and you also read the same on many other blogging websites related to Google Adsense.
But is it really making a good amount of money?
Few of you must be getting a good CTR as high as 8% and many of you will be in the range of 2-5%. You must be putting so much pressure on as how to get high CTR on your websites.
So Do you think that getting a high CTR will make good money specially from Indian traffic?
If your answer is YES then you are probably missing a lot more money than you can imagine. Let us examine how.
The biggest reason is that click from an Indian visitor give anywhere between $0.02 to $0.06 on average. You want to be at $0.02 or you want to be at $0.06. You probably don’t know which ad units are giving you more money . Yes, you can see the data in Google Adsense but are you using it to increase your earnings? I don’t think so.
As far as Indian traffic is concerned, you must put more emphasis on CPC rather than CTR. It will make you more money.
Below are some ways which I used on my websites which resulted in increased Google Adsense earnings :
- Give your Ad Units different name in Google Adsense while creation such as WebsiteHeader, WebsitebelowTitle which will help you identify them during report checking.
- Keep a check on all Adsense Ad units through ad units tab on the right hand side while report checking on Google Adsense websites.
- Keep a duration of 7 days.
- During these 7 days, Check the CTR and CPC of all individual ad units.
- After 7 Days, the ad units which are giving you a low CPC such as $0.02 or $0.03, remove them from the websites and Ad another ad unit at the same place.
- Ad units below the title seems to perform well in terms of both CTR as well as CPC. Add another link ad unit beside it which contains 3 to 5 vertical link ads.
- Give the new Adsense Units 7 days and keep a check on their CPC.
- Right hand side ads normally don’t give much CPC. However you can add a square block ad on right hand top side depending upon the position available.
- Do it for a month or two, keep adding the new ad units and check the CPC.
- Allow all those units and positions which gives you a CPC of $0.05 and above on maximum number of days.
- Add a rectangular link ad unit after the first paragraph of the article.
- Don’t remove the header ad unit of 728*. It might give you a bad CPC but it’s CTR is much higher than any other place on any website.
- Adsense also introduced a much bigger size header unit that you can test on your blog/website.
- Don’t clutter your website/blog with Google Adsense Ads. I recommend using 2 banner ads with text and display both and 3 link units.
If you are getting traffic from US, UK or Canada then you can put your ad at recommended positions by Google Adsense and you will get both CPC and good CTR.
If you have more than one website on which you run ads then make ad units separately for all of them and monitor them separately. Don’t use the same ad unit on multiple website.
I will highly recommend you guys to try out the points mentioned above if your earnings are low. Simply give a try to increase your earnings. Best of luck.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.